Monday, March 25, 2013

What A Weekend

This last weekend was Stake Conference. We had the honor and pleasure of hearing from Elder M. Russell Ballard and many other wonderful speakers. Each deserve their own blog post, really. Here's a little preview to hold you over until I get everything organized enough to put into words:

Saturday Night Adult Session
  • God's love for us
  • The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
  • Covenants and surrounding principles
  • Liberty from our prisons and the peace that comes with it
  • Coming closer to Christ through our afflictions
Sunday Morning General Session
  • The week proceeding Christ's resurrection
  • Preparing for a mission
  • The power of the Atonement
  • The hastening of the work and our roll in it
  • Following promptings from the Lord
I was filled up with so much love this weekend. I had the opportunity to perform a musical number at the beginning of the adult session with my brother-in-law, Matt, and all I can say is as I was playing, I knew with everything that I am that this church is true. I truly felt the love of my Savior as I played this song.
It was different playing in front of so many people compared to when I was practicing to do so. Usually, I get nervous and shake and mess up at least 3 times while performing. This time around, the only thing I was worried about was that my fingers would freeze because they have to lower the temperature with so many people in the room. Luckily, they didn't.
The difference this time around was that I didn't let myself freak out beforehand. The tendency for me before every performance is to think "I don't know this section well enough, I'm going to mess up" and by thinking that way, there's a higher chance I will mess up. But this weekend, I finally just let myself FEEL. It made all the difference. I was able to be taught by the Spirit while I played for the Lord. It was the perfect start to an awesome Stake Conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment