Monday, March 4, 2013

Let's Do It

Here's my "Mission Before the Mission":
My Stake President tells those of us going on missions to go to the Temple 30 times before we leave. To take his challenge further, I've made a goal for myself in addition to attending the Temple 30 times before my mission:
I'm going to go to every temple in the state of Utah before I leave. Boom.
1) It'll be awesome, awesome, awesome!
2) It's a few more pictures for the scrapbook. :)
It's at times like this when I'm grateful I don't have anything to do during the day. :) Being unemployed and not going to school opens up a lot of your time (who knew, right?)
7 days out of 30 down. 23 more to go. :)

Here's today's photos in front of the Provo Utah Temple:



It was a bit windy and more than a little freezing but my lovely sister and mother took it like champs and humored me as I said "Let's take pictures!"

 "When you come to the temple you will love your family with a deeper love than you have ever felt before. The temple is about families."
—Richard H. Winkel
  
"That all people who shall enter upon the threshold of the Lord's house may feel thy power, and feel constrained to acknowledge that thou hast sanctified it, and that it is thy house, a place of thy holiness."
- Doctrine & Covenants 109:13
(Excerpt from the Dedicatory Prayer for the Kirtland Ohio Temple)

No comments:

Post a Comment